- From about 7:00 to 9:00 am it is quite nice out. And then it gets really really really hot.
- There are lots of ancient Roman ruins. Dougga was my favourite because I climbed into a mausoleum.
- There are camels and you get to ride on them. We even got to ride on camels in the Sahara desert.
- There are lots of friendly stray cats. I like to feed and pet them.
- They grow delicious dates. We bought fresh ones from the market and then dried them on our balcony where the sun hits.
- We got to go to 2 aqua parks. The one Oscar and Sam would have liked best was a slide where it was pitch dark except for rainbow stripes at the beginning, then you came out into daylight and go around a super-big toilet bowl thing a couple of times and then the water forces you down a tunnel that leads down to the bottom. I loved it.
- We went parasailing over the ocean.
- I went snorkeling with mummy and it was so cool. We found four clam shells with mother of pearl in them! I noticed the anemones have purple tips. Mummy named the fish tail spot– a silver fish with a spot on its tail, midspot–a blue fish with a spot in its middle, cheekspot–bet you can guess what that one looks like, and jackfish– a sideways striped fish.
- Some streets in Tunisia smell like sewers. Yuck.
- The summer in Tunisia is so hot that once when we were trying to go to the Sousse Medina I felt like a wilted flower and we went upstairs, changed into our bathing suits, and jumped into the pool right away instead.
- You can’t drink the water from the tap because it tastes disgusting. We drink about 2 bottles of water a day and so in about a week we throw out about 14 bottles. Tunisia doesn’t have recycling.
- In the ocean there are lots of jellyfish in the water I got stung on our first day here and trust me, it hurt!!!!!!!!!
- There is garbage everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! There are lots of garbage cans but people don’t seem to use them.